CAMP REGISTRATION STARTS TUESDAY, MARCH 5
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT FOR AREA I YOUNG RIDER MEMBERS. Register early, space is limited to 45 riders!
We are very excited to open registration for this year’s Area 1 YR Camp! This year our theme is IMPROVING YOUR GAME at competition. Campers will learn how to sharpen scores in all three phases to maximize their competition results.
We are once again fortunate to have an incredible all-star line up of instructors:
BUCK DAVIDSON MAX CORCORAN JOHN BOURGOIN JANE HAMLIN
STEPHIE BAER CORNELIA DORR
We are changing the young rider camp experience this year to focus on how to make each phase more productive and completing any competition with improved scores. With learning occurring in both theory and practice, camp participants will have one mounted lesson per day in addition to focused conversations around show jumping theory, how to ride a dressage test to reach your best potential score, riding at speed across country and meeting optimum time with accuracy. Our campers will have the opportunity to do a ride–review–ride dressage lesson, experience show jumping in a show format at GMHA, gallop at speed across country (per level), experience the vet box to understand the effects of fitness in the cross-country phase and how to quickly and efficiently assist your horse in recovery…. And LOTS more!!! Participants will be encouraged to audit the final training session for the area 1 NAYC 2* and 3*teams.
Highlights of the 2019 Area 1 Young Rider Advancement Camp:
- Camp is expanded in 2019 to accommodate 45 horses and riders from BN to the 3* level
- Camp will run alongside the final training prep for the area 1 North American Young Rider Championship teams. Area 1 plans to send a 2* and a 3* team! Come watch them train with Buck Davidson!
- Learn incredible horse management from Olympic groom Max Corcoran! Max will help everyone step up their game with organization, care and a polished turn-out!
- All riders must have completed one USEA HT at any level …or…can be trainer recommended to attend! (typical campers are aged 12-21)
- Parents chaperoning for the camp are eligible to bring their horse if desired (stabling fee applies)
- Opening day is March 1st. Early Bird Registration Discount for all Area 1 Young Rider Members– sign up on-line between March 1st and April 1st, 2018 and register for just $625. After April 1st registration program will be at the regular rate of $699.
Come and join our Area 1 family of Young Riders and make friends for life!
Camp starts with arrivals on Monday July 15th (4-6pm) and runs through Thursday, July 18th at 5pm.
Discounts available! All USEA members of AREA 1 YOUNG RIDER PROGRAM, get your camp application in by April 1st to receive an early bird discount of $625!
Camp costs include:
Accommodations at the Shire’s Motel in Woodstock, VT Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night
All meals starting with a welcome dinner Monday night through lunch on Thursday
Bus Transportation to and from GMHA
EMT on site
Vet and farrier on call plus night watch services
Fun prizes for our Area 1 YR’s going the extra mile.
Please complete the camp application form along with the following documents:
– An essay from the candidate detailing why they want to attend camp
– The completed 2019 Waiver for GMHA
– The completed USEA Emergency Medical Release Form
– The completed USEA Educational Activities Form
– Proof of Coggins
– Rabies Certificate
– Area 1 YR membership receipt
– If the camp applicant does not have a USEA competition record at the BN or above, please include a letter of recommendation from your trainer.
Please click the link to the application:
BUCK DAVIDSON: Ranked among the top eventing athletes in the world, Buck has represented the United States on many international teams. He has a unique ability to connect and improve his students and their horses by truly caring about the progress of each individual student and horse. The end results speak for themselves.
MAX CORCORAN: As a member of the O’Connor Event Team, Max worked alongside Karen and David O’Connor for 11 years, managing the barn for most of that time. While working with the O’Connor’s she traveled to the Olympic Games, World Championships, Pan American Games and numerous CCIs all over North America and Europe. In 2019 she will be serving as USEA President Elect. Max is noted as one of the greatest grooms in the world.
JOHN BOURGOIN: For more than 30 years John has been a member of the USEA and competed in USEA events. In addition to being an instructor with the Charlotte, VT Pony Club and a USPC Rating Examiner, John has competed through the advanced level in both the US and Canada. John is a past recipient of the USEA Cornerstone Instructors Award and currently holds a seat on the USEA Board of Governors.
JANE HAMLIN: Jane is an active event and dressage rider, trainer and coach based out of Norwich, VT. Her positive attitude, with an emphasis on reaching good basics, has produced successful riders from beginner novice through the Olympic levels. Jane holds both a USEF Event and Dressage judge’s license as well as a FEI International Eventing Judge license. She also manages to write articles for horse publications such as USEA News.
STEPHI BAER: Stephie Baer is an Advanced Level International Event Rider based in Sherborn, MA. She has competed through the four star level at competitions around the world including Rolex Kentucky CCI****, Burghley CIC**** (England), Fair Hill***, Essex CCI**, Radnor CCI**, Bromont CCI** (Canada) and Quetero CCI ** (Mexico). Stephie was also short listed for the 1998 US World Championship Team.
CORNELIA DORR: Cornelia is a young rider out of Hamilton, MA. She was named 2017 and 2018 Young Rider of the Year, has been a multiple time E25 advancing athlete and is a 5-time NAYC medalist. She has competed through the (now) 4* level.
For any questions, please contact Meg Gardiner, Area 1 YR Coordinator. Email Meg at email@example.com or text/call: 603-930-3258.