Are you a member of the Area 1 Adult Rider Program? Were you excited about all the fun last year but, maybe your had a dreaded lay-up or you just missed the Event that had all the excitement? Do you volunteer more than you compete and wondered if there was anything for you? Have you ever wondered what it is like to compete on a team? Or have you competed at an Adult Team Challenge and had a good time?
Then you should join a Virtual Team!
For the third year, the Area 1 Adult Rider Program will offer a Virtual Team Competition! This competition will run through the Area 1 2019 season (UNH Spring – Hitching Post Farm Horse Trials) for USEA recognized events.
Teams are randomly* drawn before the first weekend in May. Scores will accumulate from April 27th – October 12, 2019. All volunteer hours count for points and must be in by November 1, 2019.
Virtual Team Rules:
- Must be a member of the Adult Rider Program by April 26, 2019. Enrollment in the ARP program can be done through USEA’s online services.
- Points will accumulate for entering, placing and completing a USEA Recognized Event.
- Points will accumulate for volunteering at a USEA Recognized Event.
- Scores at all Area 1 Recognized Events will count for full points. Scores from Recognized Events outside Area 1 will count for ½ value, however you must report your final placing to the score keeper within 4 weeks of the event. Example: you placed 2nd at Plantation, you will get 17.5 points for your team if you report it within 4 weeks.
- Volunteering at USEA but non Area 1 Events will be scored with 1/2 points with a maximum of 50 points.
- Those entered in the Championship divisions at the Area 1 Championships at will receive double points.
- Any team member that represents Area1 at AEC’s or the National ATC’s will receive 50 bonus points and their final score will count for full points as if it were an Area 1 event.
- Any team member who participates in a Classic Series HT, CCI, or CIC anywhere in the nation will receive 10 bonus points and their final score will count for full points as if it were an Area 1 event but you MUST contact the score keeper with your result within 4 weeks of the event.
- Team members who volunteer to coordinate an Adult Rider party will receive 60 bonus points per event. These points may be split between multiple team members if more than 1 person helps coordinate the party.
- All volunteer hours must be reported to the score keeper or Adult Rider Coordinator by Dec 1, 2019.
- Seven team members, “randomly” selected. Really, randomly selected… like all names put into a hat and pulled by the ARP Coordinator.
- Teams will be introduced via email and encouraged to cheer each other on throughout the season.
- Facebook will be the primary means of communication through a private Facebook group.
- Entering an Event – 15 points
- Entering and Completing an Event – 25 points
- Placing at an Event
- First place – 40 points
- Second Place – 35 points
- Third Place – 30 points
- Fourth Place – 25 points
- Fifth Place – 20 points
- Sixth Place – 15 points
- Seventh Place – 10 points
- Eighth Place – 5 points
- NOTE – Only one rider/horse combination will count towards points at any one event. Rider may select best score/placing.
- Volunteering at an Event (no more than 100 points per event)
- Half Day (4 hours) – 30 points
- Full Day – 60 points
- Bonus Points
- Classic Series (Prelim, Novice, Training or BN Three Day Event), CCI or CIC – 10 bonus points
- Representing Area 1 at the AECs or the National Adult Team Challenge at the AEC’s – 50 bonus points
- Team members who volunteer to coordinate or help with coordinating an ARP social – 60 bonus points (no more than 60 points for one team)
Prizes will be awarded to the top three placed teams, top team individuals and top three overall point scorers.
TO ENTER – SIMPLY EMAIL THE AREA 1 ADULT RIDER COORDINATOR BY 4/26/19 @ ADULTRIDERS@AREA1USEA.ORG