The USEA and the Instructors’ Certification Program call your attention to the Cindy Burge Memorial ICP Grant, offered each year by each USEA Area’s Adult Rider Program to three of its Area’s instructors who meets the grant’s qualification standards and is selected as a recipient.
This grant program honors Cindy Burge, who was a spirited leader of eventing in the Northwest and one of the first instructors to be certified by ICP. With her instructing and competing and her organization of the Deep Creek Horse Trials outside of Spokane, Washington, Cindy benefited eventers every day with her knowledge and experience, her riding ability, and her organizational talent and hard work.
The Instructors’ Certification Program thanks the USEA Areas and their Adult Rider Programs for helping to identify and assist instructors all over the country who, like Cindy, are interested in confirming and enhancing their knowledge and skill as eventing instructors. This grant money will help pay the fee for each recipient’s participation in an Assessment for ICP certification.
- Merit as an instructor
- Service to the sport
- Potential to provide future benefit to the sport;
- And demonstration of compatibility with the educational goals of ICP and intention to be assessed for ICP certification
- Three grants will be awarded during the season (December 1 – November 30)
- $300 per grant recipient
- Must be a member of the USEA
- Reimbursement within 30 days of completing an ICP training
More information on the ICP program: USEA ICP PROGRAM
Feel free to contact the Area 1 Adult Rider Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.