Get your teams together! This is a fabulous way to bring members together, build camaraderie and connect your community.
Area I’s Adult Rider is proud to support this adult rider competition to call attention to the important role that all adult riders play in our sport. Many of you are already highly accomplished in your field – whether it’s law, medicine, engineering, business, sales, information systems, teaching, as well as being active parents or caregivers in many cases. In addition, you’ve taken on a difficult and demanding equestrian sport. We salute you and your drive to excel!
Adult riders, without you, eventing would not be the same…thank you for your support! NOW, LET’S DO THAT THING!
ADULT RIDER PROGRAM – Mission
The USEA Adult Rider Program is for all adults, aged 22 years and older, professional or amateur. It is about including adults across all skill and experience levels, in a supportive program that promotes education, communication, recognition and just plain fun.
The goal of the Adult Rider program is to increase adult rider participation in eventing by providing education, recognition, and offering communication and camaraderie.
ADULT RIDER PROGRAM – Goals
- Design and provide educational programs for adults.
- Increase & encourage volunteer involvement and education.
- Increase the number of adult rider participants in eventing.
- Support the Area Adult Rider programs.
- Address issues relating to the Adult Team Challenge.
- Increase awareness of adult education funding opportunities.
- Compile cook book recipes to be sold by the Area Adult Rider committees for fundraising purposes.
- Supporting the American Eventing Championships through riding or volunteering.
Opportunities for Adult Riders
Area 1 ARP Opportunities
USEA ARP Opportunities
- Cindy Burge Memorial Instructors’ Certification Program (ICP)
- Educational Voucher Program (see below)
- USEA Classic Series 2018
- USEA National Adult Team Challenge 2018
Educational Voucher Program
Providing educational and practical experience is one of the most important functions of the USEA Educational Program.
Area 1 wants everyone to become proficient eventers, but to do so remembering:
- The spirit of the sport
- Our responsibilities under the “Principles of Eventing” to our equine partner; and,
- A determination that safety cannot be compromised.
Area 1 Adult Rider Program members are entitled up to a $50 reimbursement upon completion of the activity.
Guidelines for reimbursement:
- Must be an Area 1 Adult Rider Program Member prior to the start of the clinic
- USEA registered clinics and educational events are eligible for reimbursement
- Must complete a Voucher Reimbursement form and submit to the Area 1 Adult Rider Coordinator prior to November 15th of the competition season
- Maximum 3 reimbursements per season
If you have questions, contact Suzanne Adams @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone loves a winner! You work hard, train regularly and everything falls into place – three phases, three chances all for the glory of polyester and the pleasure of a partnership like none other. For this, we salute you!
The six highest placed Adult Rider Program Members in each division (Preliminary, Training, Novice and Beginner Novice) will receive an Adult Rider Program Ribbon. And, the first place Adult Rider Program Member will also receive a SmartPak $25 gift certificate.
Yet, what about those that toil and train hard but Lady Luck is just not with them that day (Have you been at GMHA when the cows are coming down the hill?) Well, surviving has its very own special place in our hearts!
The last placed Adult Team Rider in each division (Preliminary, Training, Novice and Beginner Novice) who finishes with a number will receive a Dunkin’ Donuts gift certificate. (Federal law does not allow individuals to ship wine. If you’re local, I’d be happy to replace coffee with wine).
- Based on the entire division placings, not the class entered. (All of Prelim, not Prelim rider)
- Placing rather than scores balance out the impact of a hard vs easy scoring dressage judge
- Ties are broken by and in order of importance – No jumping faults in Stadium, No time faults in Stadium, closest to Optimum time in XC and finally, dressage scores
- Wine Award is also based on placing rather than scores.
If you are enrolled in the Area 1 ADULT RIDER PROGRAM by the start of the Event, you are automatically entered!