2Area I is proud to support the adult rider program to call attention to the important role that all adult riders play in our sport. Many of you are already highly accomplished in your field – whether it’s law, medicine, engineering, business, sales, information systems, teaching, as well as being active parents or caregivers in many cases. In addition, you’ve taken on a difficult and demanding equestrian sport. We salute you and your drive to excel!
Adult riders, without you, eventing would not be the same…thank you for your support! NOW, LET’S DO THAT THING!
ADULT RIDER PROGRAM – Mission
The USEA Adult Rider Program is for all adults, aged 22 years and older, professional or amateur. It is about including adults across all skill and experience levels, in a supportive program that promotes education, communication, recognition and just plain fun.
The goal of the Adult Rider program is to increase adult rider participation in eventing by providing education, recognition, and offering communication and camaraderie.
ADULT RIDER PROGRAM – Goals
- Design and provide educational programs for adults.
- Increase & encourage volunteer involvement and education.
- Increase the number of adult rider participants in eventing.
- Support the Area Adult Rider programs.
- Address issues relating to the Adult Team Challenge.
- Increase awareness of adult education funding opportunities.
- Supporting the American Eventing Championships through riding or volunteering.
Opportunities for Adult Riders
Area 1 ARP Opportunities
- Regional Adult Team Challenge (ATC)
- National Adult Team Championships
- The Young & The Rest of US Team Challenge
- Virtual Teams
- Socials and Fun!
USEA ARP Opportunities
- Cindy Burge Memorial Instructors’ Certification Program (ICP)
- Educational Voucher Program (see below)
- USEA Classic Series 2022
- USEA National Adult Team Challenge 2022
Educational Voucher Program
Providing educational and practical experience is one of the most important functions of the USEA Educational Program.
Area 1 wants everyone to become proficient eventers, but to do so remembering:
- The spirit of the sport
- Our responsibilities under the “Principles of Eventing” to our equine partner; and,
- A determination that safety cannot be compromised.
Area 1 Adult Rider Program members are entitled up to a $50 reimbursement upon completion of the activity. –
Guidelines for reimbursement:
- Must be an Area 1 Adult Rider Program Member prior to the start of the clinic
- USEA registered clinics and educational events are eligible for reimbursement
- Must complete a Voucher Reimbursement form and submit to the Area 1 Adult Rider Coordinator prior to November 15th of the competition season
- Maximum 2 reimbursements per season
If you have questions, contact Amy Winnen @ firstname.lastname@example.org.