Regional (Area 1) Adult Team Challenge
Area 1 Adult Rider Program Members are automatically entered! If you do not want to participate, notify the Area 1 Adult Rider Program Coordinator prior to the cutoff date for team selection.
- Put together your own team of friends and/or barn mates
- Randomly selected by the Area 1 Adult Rider Program Coordinator (evenly between divisions, amateurs and professionals)
- All team members must be Area 1 Adult Rider Program members
- Teams may include a minimum of 3 or a maximum of 4 riders competing at any level.
- Riders entered with more than one horse may participate on more than one team but only as one member on a team
- Three scores will count, allowing one score to be dropped. An elimination will add 1,000 points to the score but will keep the team in the competition.
- Prizes will be awarded for Teams placing 1st – 3rd and ribbons will be awarded to eighth place.
- First place will receive embroidered coolers
- Second place embroidered dressage pads
- Third place gift certificates
2020 Area 1 Adult Team Challenge Competitions
- GMHA Spring Horse Trials – May 30-31, 2020
- Town Hill Horse Trials – August 22-23, 2020
If you have questions, contact Amy Winnen @ email@example.com
USEA National Adult Team Challenge (ATC)
The USEA Adult Team Challenges have been generously sponsored by the Chronicle of the Horse for more than 20 years. The Challenges have given adult riders not competing at the highest levels of the sport to compete in a friendly team competition. In previous years the Challenges were held annually in different locations (Eastern, Central and Western) around the United States. For Adult Riders that have participated in the events, they have always been an exciting way to team up with fellow adult riders in your Area to compete nationally.
Unlike our Regional Adult Team Challenge program where we mix levels to field teams, the National ATC requires Areas to field a team all competing at the same level (Beginner Novice Team, Novice Team, Training Team, Preliminary Team).
If you are entered in the AECs, you may also participate on a National ATC team.
Qualifications for Entry into the USEA Adult Team Championships (National)
- The qualifying period for each horse and rider pair is May 27, 2019 – August 18, 2020.
- Horses and riders must be members/registered with the USEA at the time of gaining qualifications, and during the USEA Adult Team Championships.
- All riders must be 22 years of age or older (born in or before 1998) and a member of the Area 1 Adult Rider Program
- Closing dates will be consistent with the USEA American Eventing Championships
- Each horse and rider pair must have three cross-country rounds with no jumping penalties at recognized USEA horse trials at the ATC level that they wish to compete. None of the qualifying cross-country rides may include dangerous riding penalties.
- Each Area can have up to eight teams of four riders at the USEA Adult Team Championship.
- All teams should be coordinated through the Area Adult Rider Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mixed Area teams are allowed and encouraged. All horse and rider pairs without a full team of 3-4 members must be identified by the Area Adult Rider Coordinator (email@example.com) as qualified and willing to compete, and submitted to the USEA for inclusion on a mixed team
Area 1 National ATC Voucher program
- If you are a competing in the National ATC Championships, you may be qualified to receive up to $250 reimbursement for travel expenses