Area 1 Adult Team Challenges
2021 Area 1 Adult Team Challenge Competitions include Modified or Modified/Training divisions!
- Coursebrook Horse Trials – July 24-25, 2021
- GVRDC Horse Trials – August 21-22, 2021
Area 1 Adult Rider Program Members are automatically entered! If you do not want to participate, notify the Area 1 Adult Rider Program Coordinator
- Put together your own team of friends and/or barn mates and send to coordinator
- Randomly selected by the Area 1 Adult Rider Program Coordinator (evenly between divisions,
amateurs, and professionals)
- Teams are finalized the Wednesday before the event starts
- All team members must be Area 1 Adult Rider Program members
- Teams may include a minimum of 3 or a maximum of 4 riders competing at any level
- Riders entered with more than one horse may participate on more than one team but only as
one member on a team
- Three scores will count, allowing one score to be dropped. An elimination will add 1,000 points
to the score but will keep the team in the competition
- Prizes will be awarded for Teams placing 1 st – 3 rd and ribbons will be awarded to eighth place.
If you have questions, contact Amy Winnen @ email@example.com
USEA National Adult Team Challenge (ATC) during American Eventing Championships
August 31 st to September 5 th , 2021
The USEA Adult Team Championships (ATC) is the capstone event for the USEA Area Adult Team
Challenges. The ATC provides adults with the chance to compete as a team and represent their Area in a
friendly and fun environment.
The USEA Adult Team Challenges have been generously sponsored by the Chronicle of the Horse for
more than 20 years. The Challenges have given adult riders not competing at the highest levels of the
sport to compete in a friendly team competition. In previous years, the Challenges were held annually
in different locations (Eastern, Central and Western) around the United States. For Adult Riders that
have participated in the events, they have always been an exciting way to team up with fellow adult
riders in your Area to compete nationally.
Unlike our Regional Adult Team Challenge program where we mix levels to field teams, the National ATC
requires Areas to field a team all competing at the same level (Beginner Novice Team, Novice Team,
Training Team, Preliminary Team).
If you are entered in the AECs, you may also participate on a National ATC team.
Qualifications for Entry into the USEA Adult Team Championships
- All riders must be 22 years of age or older and a member of the Area 1 Adult Rider Program by
July 15 th , 2021
- The qualifying period for each horse and rider pair is May 25, 2020 – August 23, 2021. *Horses
and riders qualified for the 2020 AEC are automatically qualified for the 2021 AEC pending
completion of one MER within the time-period of April 23, 2021 – August 23, 2021 at the same
- Horses and riders must be members/registered with the USEA at the time of gaining
qualifications, and during the USEA Adult Team Championship.
- Riders must be entered in an amateur or rider division, no entries in the horse divisions are
eligible to be on an ATC team
- Each horse and rider pair must have three cross-country rounds with no jumping penalties at
recognized USEA horse trials at the ATC level that they wish to compete. None of the qualifying
cross-country rides may include dangerous riding penalties.
- Each Area can have up to eight teams of four riders at the USEA Adult Team Championship.
- All teams should be coordinated through the Area Adult Rider Coordinator
- Mixed Area teams are allowed and encouraged. All horse and rider pairs without a full team of
3-4 members must be identified by the Area Adult Rider Coordinator
(firstname.lastname@example.org) as qualified and willing to compete, and submitted to the USEA for
inclusion on a mixed team
Area 1 National ATC Voucher program
- If you are a competing in the National ATC Championships, you may be qualified to receive up to
$250 reimbursement for travel expenses