July 17 - 20 2023
This is a 3-day, overnight camp designed exclusively for members of the Area 1 Young Rider program who are between the ages of 12 and 25 years old and have completed at least 1 Beginner Novice event or have a written recommendation from their current riding instructor.
Apply Here (Education Voucher information is below)
Date/Time: July 17-20, 2023
Arrival is 2-6pm July 17th.
Departure is 5pm July 20th.
Location: GMHA in South Woodstock, Vermont
Applicant Qualifications and Camp Requirements
- Applicants must be a current member of BOTH the USEA Area 1 Young Rider Program and the USEA. If you are not a member of the Area 1 Young Rider Program, you may join by logging in to your USEA online member dashboard, then scroll to Membership
- Applicants must have successfully completed all three phases of at least ONE affiliated Beginner Novice or higher Horse Trial. Applicants not having completed an affiliated USEA Horse Trials may be eligible and considered if trainer recommended.
- Applicant will be considered based on: Horsemanship skills, motivation, goals, maturity, positive attitude and work ethic.
- Horse or pony must be fit and capable of a 1 1/2 hour lesson per day for 3 days at the applicable recognized level.
- Only one horse per camper.
- Horses must be recently and properly shod and fully immunized, including rabies and a current Coggins.
- Campers may use their own transportation with a valid driver’s license and proof of valid and current vehicle insurance. No drivers under 18 years old are permitted to transport campers under 18 years without passenger’s parental consent.
IMPORTANT! - Complete this application with all uploaded documents and payment no later than June 12, 2023. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Applications without payment will not be accepted. Applications will be taken on a first come, first serve basis until the camp is full. Camp registration will close when full and wait list will be taken.
Camp Instructors: Stephanie Baer, John Bourgoin, Suzi Gornall, Jane Hamlin, Jan Byyny. Horse Management: Lauren Mair
- As part of our mission, Area 1 Young Riders is committed to helping make educational opportunities accessible for all members of the program.
- Six vouchers in the amount of $300 each are available to current members of the USEA Area 1 Young Rider program who have financial need and demonstrate commitment to giving back to their eventing community through volunteer work.
- Educational voucher applications open May 15th, 2023 and close June 6th, 2023
- Please wait to fill out your application to GMHA Young Rider Camp until after you have heard back about your voucher application. If you receive a voucher, you will receive a code to apply to your camp application which will reduce the price of camp on the application. Whether you receive a voucher code or not (we expect the process to be competitive) your spot will be held for applying to camp until the closing date of June 12th.
- Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 6th.
- Contact Melanie Loschiavo at the above email address with any questions
- Apply for a voucher here
PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL WITH QUESTIONS - Camp Coordinator: Chelsea Sprague, email@example.com