It is that time of the year again… Come join us at the Area 1 Meeting. Yes, a Global Pandemic changes the dynamic a bit – meeting virtually vs enjoying our company over lunch – but we have an exciting line up. Please keep checking back for more details!
Schedule is tentative:
Wednesday January 27, 2021 at 7PM – 9PM
- Area 1 Business
- Key Note Speaker
- Equiratings talk
- Q&A and Awards
Thursday January 28, 2021 at 6:30PM – 9:00PM
- Organizers Meetings (6:30pm-7:30pm)
- Breakout Sessions for Adult Riders and Young Riders start at 7:30pm following the Organizers meeting
- Adult riders (7:30pm-8:30pm)
- Open to all Adult Rider Program members and those Area 1 members who are interested in finding out more about the program.
- The virtual session will celebrate the successes of 2020, provide an overview of 2021 activities and have a panel discussion about equine insurance.
- Jimmie Schramm and Donna Parker will cover key considerations for purchasing insurance for your horse, types of insurance plans and coverage available, what are exclusions, how colic surgery coverage works, and any other questions from the audience.
- Young riders (7:30pm-9:00pm)
- Meet your new YR Coordnator
- Hear about lots of new YR opportunities for 2021 and ask questions
- Listen to our own homegrown Area 1 5-star rider, Ariel Grald discuss how to put together your conditioning program
Click here for registration!
This year the emphasis is preparing for and planning out your season with horse and rider preparedness first and foremost.
Our Keynote Speaker will be the USEA President, Max Corcoran whose many talents include expertise in this very area.
Also scheduled will be a talk from Irish event rider Sam Watson and his business partner Diarmuid Byrne about planning and performance. The co-founders of EquiRatings, who advise and work with multiple Olympic teams on goal-setting and performance plans.
Meeting will be recorded and available for those members who can not attend live!