In 2023, there will be a series of team challenges available to ALL Young Rider members. Members will automatically be placed in teams and notified of their team members one 1 week prior to the event. At each event, team members will have the opportunity to have lunch or dinner with their fellow teammates on venue grounds and get to know each other the Friday night before the event starts. If you do NOT want to take part in the Team Challenges please fill out the form below.
Team Challenges will take place at:
- GMHA June Horse Trial
- Millbrook Horse Trial
- GMHA September Horse Trial
- Must be a member of the Area 1 Young Rider Program prior to the event closing date. Enrollment in the YR program can be done through USEA’s online services. Click here for a tutorial on how to sign up.
- In the event that a team member does not complete a phase (elimination of any kind or withdrawal) a penalty score of 100 will be added to the rider’s score. (Note: since this rider would now have the highest score of their teammates, this would be the drop score).
- Teams will be selected by the YR coordinator and done so to promote maximum socialization of YRs (ex. those stabled with each other might not be placed on the same team)
- Similar to a championship team, each team will consist of 4 team members. In the event we are not able to fill all teams with 4 riders, there will be teams of 3 and teams with 4 riders will have a drop score.
- For GMHA Festival and Millbrook (pending), one professional will be added to each team
- Teams will be published and emailed 1 week prior to the event. It is up to team members how they communicate leading up to the event.
- Rider’s scores will be added up for a team score.
- In the event that distribution of YR members is not possible to allow all teams to have an even number of participants, then the highest score will be dropped.
- If a rider’s score is dropped, they are still considered part of the team and will receive the same ribbon and prize as the rest of their teammates.
Team Spirit Award:
- Who has the most team spirit? Each team will have the opportunity to earn points throughout the competition (not to be added to their competition score) The team with the most points accumulated wins.
- Name your team
- Wear your YR patch
- Come to the pizza party
- Tag @area1youngriders in a team photo
- Say thank you to our sponsors by tagging them in your weekend post
- 10 points if all team members participate or 1 point per team member