It is that time of the year again… Come join us at the Area 1 Meeting, similar to last year, Covid is impacting our format and we will be meeting virtually over two nights. January 26th is the general meeting and January 27th are sessions for interested members. The meeting and sessions this year are focused on competing and supporting our Area 1 events. Our Keynote Speaker on Wednesday will be Olympian Will Coleman who will share his story and insights on what makes a solid competitor. There will be an online auction in the early Spring. Please check back for more details!
Wednesday January 26, 2022 at 7PM – 9PM ET General Area 1 Meeting
- Area 1 Committee Reports
- Keynote Speaker – Will Coleman, Olympian
- Introduction to the American Horse Trials Foundation
- Awards including the new Adult Rider Program Living Courageously Sportsmanship Award
- Area 1 Business
Thursday January 27th, 2022 at 6:30PM – 9:00PM ET Organizers, Adult Riders, and Young Riders Sessions
Organizers’ Meetings (6:30pm-7:30pm)
- Open to Organizers and related event staff
Sessions for Adult Riders and Young Riders start at 7:30pm following the Organizers meeting
Adult Riders (7:30pm-8:30pm)
- Open to all Adult Rider Program members and those Area 1 members over 22 years of age who are interested in finding out more about the program.
- The virtual session will celebrate the successes of 2021, provide an overview of 2022 activities and have a panel discussion about getting involved beyond riding
- Panel: “Engagement not Just a Step on the Training Scale” hear from Area 1 members about their path to becoming licensed officials at events. Panel will include event organizers, Technical Delegates, Course Designers and Builders, and judges
Young Riders (7:30pm-9:00pm)
- Open to all Young Rider Program members and those Area 1 members under 25 years of age interested in finding out more about the program
- Review of 2021 programs and a look ahead at 2022 plans
- Panel of past and current Young Rider members discussing how the program influenced where they are now
Click here for registration! https://www.
This year the emphasis is on competing and supporting our Area 1 Events
Our Keynote Speaker on Wednesday will be Olympian Will Coleman who will share his story and insights on what makes a solid competitor. Maybe this winter is your time to dream big. More about Will Colemen at https://www.