USEF Area Declaration March 1st DEADLINE
USEF Area Declaration – Action: All Riders To Declare Their Area by March 1st, 2017 – follow instructions below:
The USEF IT Department has confirmed today that the Area Declaration link is complete and available for use
- Athletes need only logon to their “My USEF” account, click on then and the first option is the
- The Athlete’s Area according to their current address in the USEF system defaults in to the application and they need only hit confirm or
input an alternate Area.
- The Athlete will receive an e-mail confirmation and USEF will have a record of your declaration in the system.
Carol Mayo NAJYRC Co-ordinator & Chef d'Equipe
**IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT FOR NAJYRC RIDER AND GROOM CANDIDATES**
Per FEI and USEF Criteria for 2017, all qualifying criteria is required to be posted prior to the first Observation Event.
Further to the 2017 FEI Criteria, each Area was assigned the task of further developing selection criteria standards for riders and grooms.
Your Area I NAJYRC Selectors and Coach have been hard at work this past week creating the final criteria.
This final criteria has been incorporated into the language of the 2017 FEI document for context - it expands the FEI Selection Criteria Par 3
C/C. The FEI have not developed all of their forms, however, the requirement to publish prior to the first Observation Event prevails and we
are publishing today.
Other noteworthy changes:
- If a rider wishes to be considered for a groom position, in the case on non selection as a rider, s/he is required to fill out the Area I
Groom Application. The deadline for and (rider) groom applications is midnight March 30, 2017. All rider-groom applications must be on file
with Chef Carol Mayo by that time to be accepted for 2017 team consideration. Additionally, any rider-groom candidates will be required to
participate in the "groom selection assignments" at the Team Training Camp in June under Buck Davidson's Head Groom, Katherine Murray.
- The 2017 Observation Events have now been assigned a principal selector/s for each one. Other Selectors may attend on an "at large" basis.
- All riders must declare their Area to USEF prior to March 1, 2017 - this is a new FEI rule change for 2017.
- Groom Criteria for selection is outlined above.
The first of the individual fundraising monies for rider and groom candidates are due to Area I Treasurer George Cheney no later than March 1,
2017. Please refer to the details outlined on your application (address, etc).
If you have any questions, please contact Chef Carol.
Good luck, Deb Meek, Area I YR Coordinator, 207-831-8256, firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Training Sessions Announced for 2017 NAJYRC Rider Candidates – requires action
– please respond to Carol Mayo by February 28th
The Road to Montana - 2017 NAJYRC Campaign
Kicked Off December 30, 2016: The new coach for Area I is Buck Davidson
Area I is honored Buck will be spearheading our Team of riders and grooms in their 2017 campaign!
Buck shared today, "I am very excited about the opportunity to coach Area I. As a past medalist from the NAYJRC who has been fortunate enough
to win medals for the USA, I can attest to the importance of Young Riders. I grew up playing team sports, and know the value of a good coach.
The coach needs to understand all the players and the players need to know and trust the coach. It is not always about the X's and O's!!
"I spend lots of time dreaming, and no dream is too big. We have a great team of people on the ground to make this as successful as possible
for these riders and grooms." Buck went on to elaborate, "this is the right time for me to do this and along with the Area I Management Team,
we will make Area I THE model program and team in the country. I have only one promise: the riders and grooms will be more exposed to
the equestrian world after being part of the 2017 Area I NAJYRC Team. I'm looking forward to the ride!"
This year the Team will have a special Team Training Camp at Buck's farm in PA and new for 2017, groom candidates will be eligible to bring
their horses to the team camp. All applicants must be current members of Area I's 2017 YR Program.
NAJYRC 2017 FEI Selection Criteria - USEF Update
- It is the responsibility of every NAJYRC candidate to check they are eligible by this new FEI Selection Criteria for 2017 NAJC and CICOY
announced today – check your birthdates, horse criteria, qualification requirements, vet and FEI passport requirements, etc. Although the FEI
Selection Criteria documents are still pending USEF approval – we are told little is expected to change. Please note: USEF will follow up
with the Attachments referenced throughout the procedures in the coming weeks.
- As you will see, the procedures have been posted pending final approval by the USEF Board of Directors; however, we are told that USEF
do not foresee any substantive changes being made.
There are a few changes to the administrative process including but not limited to the following:
- In the past, only Athletes who wished to complete for an Area other than the one in which they “officially resided” were required to
complete an Area Declaration. In order to avoid any confusion, for 2017 all Athletes will be required to complete an Area declaration through
their My USEF Account. The link to the declaration is not in place as yet but USEF hope it will be very soon and Area 1 will notify everyone
the moment the option is made available.
- Applications for the NAJC and CICOY will be accepted on line only and the deadline is May 15, 2017. The application is also being worked
on at this time and USEF hope to have it available in the next 2-3 weeks.
- Observation Event - Area 3 - Rocking Horse Winter II, Altoona FL – Area 3 - Feb 16-18th. Rider deadline 8th Feb to confirm to Chef Carol
Mayo if you intend to ride at this event. A Selector will be assigned ONLY if candidate riders are confirmed present at the event.
NAJYRC 2017 FEI Selection Criteria: FINAL
2017 NAJC (1*) FEI SELECTION CRITERIA
2017 CICOY (2*) FEI SELECTION CRITERIA
YOUNG RIDER MENTORSHIP PROGRAM AT NAJYRC – APPLICATIONS FOR 2017 COMING SOON
Each year at the national championships, the USEA offers the chance for Young Riders to enter into the Mentorship Program. It is an outstanding
opportunity to learn from the best in one of the many areas of expertise in our sport from course designing to being an FEI Vet. Deadline for
submission for 2017 is TBD.
Do You Qualify for a CIC 1*? CCI 1*?